1. We define program offerings as structured activities with a clearly defined purpose, led by a specific group of staff with a specific group of youth.
2. YouthPower Learning’s (2017) Systematic Review of PYD Programs in Low- and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs) identified at least 100 programs in 60 LMICs that are implementing aspects of PYD approaches, but not necessarily labeling them as “PYD” or implementing the full PYD approach (Alvarado et al., 2017).
3. For more information on PYD’s domains and features, and the source of the image, visit http://www.youthpower.org/positive-youth-development-pyd-framework.
4. While the tool is based on the PYD Domains and Program Features, an organization may decide to only focus on the most relevant domains.
5. Life skills is often used to refer to a large set of skills, including soft skills. For this tool, we are largely focusing on soft skills.
6. See YouthPower’s list of illustrative PYD indicators for ideas.